Friday, August 1, 2014

Never Leave Home Without It

I'm an addict. No use denying it; might as well get it off my chest. Who hasn't stumbled into their local 24 hour market at two-thirty in the morning searching the aisles for Diet Coke? I can't possibly be the only one. You open up the fridge and notice that there are only three 2 liters left. It might be well past midnight, but three bottles certainly will not sustain you for the next day. Not even close.

If you're anything like me, you too have a 64oz. mug filled with Diet Coke on your person at all times. Day or night; it's simply a matter of course. And if you're smart (and I know you are), the mug's handle is facing you on your nightstand so that when you wake it makes for easy access. After all, who wants to search, bleary eyed, for that delicious beverage? It must be ingested quickly; as efficiently as possible. Imagine the poor fools who remain parched, suffering, because they didn't think ahead.

Ice is essential. I can't tell you how many times I've been told that I don't drink enough water. The ice melts; is consumed along with the soda, and what is ice but frozen water? So feel free to scoff at those who admonish because you are drinking too much Diet Coke and not enough water. My logic on this is sound.

There is no shame in pushing a shopping cart during the wee hours of the morning. Sure you may be tired, but the agony of an insufficient supply is far worse than an hour of sleep deprivation.

The first step is to come to terms with your addiction as I have. The second is to ensure that you have enough gas in the car to make it to the store and back. And be sure to have plenty of ice on hand.




No comments:

Post a Comment